3.12.2012

Journal Entry

Since I am trying to make this somewhat of my own family journal, I need to write down something that happened tonight. It is a VERY simple story, with a VERY simple outcome. But, I want to record it for posterity's sake anyway.

I am the manager for my apartment complex. With this responsibility comes one VERY important key that you canNOT lose. This key is like the "key to the city" for our little complex...it opens up all of the secret doors with all of the secret supplies. :)

Tonight, as I was making my weekly rounds (I have to walk around the complex weekly to make sure everything is "in place"), I decided I would multi-task and talk to my sister-in-law on the phone at the same time. Interestingly enough, our conversation was turned to prayer and how we have both been waiting upon the Lord for certain prayers to be answered. We discussed patience, faith, and how it isn't the FAITH we lack....we have plenty of that. We know the Lord always does answer our prayers, but we talked about how it was the patience we lacked. Between our conversation of faith and patience, I was swinging my key around on the string it has tied around it and as luck would have it, the key flew out of my hand and into the grass. Mind you, it was dark outside as well. So, I moseyed around thinking the key would turn itself in at some point. 20 minutes went by, the conversation ended, and I was still searching for that dumb key!

Panic set in, not because the key isn't replaceable...but because I would have to pay a heavy penny to replace the key AND I would have to 'fess up to my Boss about how I lost the key because I was "talking to my sister and twirling the key around!"

I walked into our apartment and said to Brandon, we need to say a prayer, I just lost THE key. So, as foolish and simple as this sounds, we got down on our knees...I was hoping Brandon would say the prayer, but of course...he graciously offered me to say it since I was the one who needed the prayer anyway :) I prayed, apologized to Heavenly Father for such a silly thing in the first place, but still asked if He could appreciate the urgency of my situation and just help me find the key.

2 minutes later, I walked out of the door...flashlight in hand and walked RIGHT to the key. I.KID.YOU.NOT. It's like an angel flew down while I was inside my apartment and placed it in the most obvious spot. I'll take it. Needless to say, our next prayer was as follows, "Thank you, Thank you! And I promise I will now tie a huge piece of wood to that string and a beaconing device as well."

Simple, yes. But tonight...I needed that. I needed a reminder that although some of the "big prayers" have yet to be answered, it does not mean the Lord is not aware of me. He knows every detail of my life, even down to the missing key...."but the very hairs of your head are numbered"

2 comments:

lyndsey said...

i love this story and i love you. so glad you found the key! and when i say you, i mean heavenly father :) xo

Chay said...

Love this story! Isn't the power of prayer, amazing? Miss ya!